1. I am very _ _D__ sitting on this old, broken chair.
A. comfortably B. commonly
C. uncommonly D. uncomfortably
2. Have you finished that book on how to get yourself a_A__ job?
A. respectable B. capable
C. considerable D. visible
3. If you don’t do it for yourself, then do it for the __B_ of your parents.
A. account B. sake
C. purpose D. cause
4. After a long discussion they still could not _B their teacher on the plan.
A. agree to B. agree with
C. agree at D. agree on
5. There was a free holiday for those who won the first _D_.
A. reward B. honor
C. praise D. prize
6. If you don’t go, ___ A__ I.
A. nor shall B. so don’t
C. neither do D. so do
7. The doctor was careful __A__ the patient the truth.
A. not to tell B. not having told
C. not telling D. to not tell
8. You’d better leave the__C_ dog alone.
A. sleepy B. asleep
C. sleeping D. sleepless
9. This picture __A_ me of my school days.
A. reminds B. remembers
C. recalls D. memorizes
10. I remember __ _B__ to the zoo by my father when I was little.
A. to have taken B. being taken
C. taking D. have been taken
11. He _C__on offering them a ride in the heavy rain.
A. went B. worked
C. insisted D. spent
12.I have two novels. One is in English and _A_ is in Japanese.
A. the other B. other one
C. another D. other
13.The group are waiting on __B___ plane to take off.
A. its B. their
C. his D. her
14. He was just about to jump up when he felt something __A_ near his feet.
A. moving B. moved
C. to move D. move
15. Paul doesn’t have to be made _C. He always works hard.
A. learn B. learning
C. to learn D. learned